When your friend is retiring and has announced taking off to a retirement community, you may be at first a little bit miffed about the news. After all, you’re friend is moving away from you. However, one should take the time to review the benefits of retirement and living in a retirement community. It’s a chance to say goodbye to the strains of work and sit back and relax. Mayfair Village Retirement Community and similar establishments provide a tight-knit environment with plenty of age-appropriate activities. So don’t be sad. Send your friend off in style by throwing a fabulous retirement party. Continue reading
If you are tired of the constant hustle and noise that are inevitably present in the city, it may be time for you to consider picking up and moving to the country. This is not a decision to be made lightly. The city offers many advantages and it may be that you are just in need of a quiet vacation. But if you are bone deep tired of the frantic pace and the commotion that are a constant in the city, you may want to call your trusted Re/Max Landmark agent to help you find the perfect new home in the country that will provide you with the space and the quiet to take a deep breath and just be.
One huge plus when considering buying a home outside of city limits, is price. Homes that are located in more rural communities tend to be much more affordable than those located in the city. You will be able to buy a bigger home with a yard, for the same price you would pay for a tiny condo in the city. The building codes are also different in small towns versus the city. You will find that you have some space and some breathing room. It may be time to pick up a new hobby such as gardening or chickens now that you live in the country.
Needs and Wants
It is important to decide how much land you actually need, want, and are prepared to take care of. You may be dreaming about living on 10 acres of land so that it stretches out all around your home, but reality suggests that unless you are retired, 10 acres much be too much to handle. And when you are retired, you may not want to spend all of your time caring for your yard and acreage . Your land will require some time to maintain and upkeep. When you are shopping for homes outside the city, you will find that your options open up a lot more. You can buy a home with an established yard, or a small farm with plenty of space to grow and learn.
Life is more simple in the country and you need to figure out if you really are looking for this type of lifestyle, or if you just need a vacation. Country living is a major lifestyle change and a 180 degree shift from city living. Are you going to spend all of your time commuting and thus decrease your quality of life and down time? Is moving to the country going to simplify or complicate your life? If you decide to make the move, you will have the space and some time to develop a plan to become more self-sufficient. There is room and time to take a deep breath of sweet-scented air and listen to the night come as you sit on your front porch. Talk to your Re/Max Landmark agent today and do your research as you search for the perfect country paradise to call home.
When you’re planning the perfect getaway with friends or family, you may find yourself thinking about staying in a hotel or motel. If you want to find a place that can offer you more space and privacy, choose one of the long-term rentals in Destin, FL, for a homier feel. As you choose between the many options available to you, think about the features, location, and timing for your trip to pick the right one for you.
Think about the people in your group that you’ll be needing to cater to. If you have children coming on the trip, you should find some place that will be kid-friendly. You’ll need to find a place with plenty of rooms and places to play, such as nearby parks or a playground. If you want a vacation that offers you peace and solitude, you could find a place in a secluded area on a private beach. If you want an adventure, consider finding a place that comes with jet skis, a boat, or other features that will enhance your vacation.
You may already have a place in mind that you would like to visit for your trip. Maybe there is a particular beach that you would like to visit or an area that you would love to explore. You can talk to family and friends to gather recommendations for your trip. You can use the internet to scan through pictures and reviews to help you make your decision. You might want to think about choosing a place close to restaurants, shopping centers, and entertainment hubs if you won’t have a vehicle at your disposal.
Think about the time of the year that you would like to go on your trip. You may need to work around the busy schedules of all those that will be joining you on your trip. Do you want to go during the summer months, or can you wait to visit during another time of the year? It tends to be cheaper during the off season if you can figure out how to get away. You should also do your research to find out how long you can stay. Some places have a minimum time requirement for the visit or will give you a discount for a longer stay. Take these things into consideration when planning your trip.
When it comes to planning a trip, you should research various long-term rentals in Destin, FL to choose a place that will make your group feel comfortable and at home. Consider the features, location, and timing as you make your decision to make sure that it will suit everyone’s needs. As you prepare for your trip, you can rest easy knowing that you’ll have a great place to stay and can enjoy your vacation whether you want to rest and relax, go on an adventure, or spend quality time with friends and family.
If you are considering purchasing a new home, or even if you are thinking about selling your current home, you may be wondering whether or not you should hire a real estate agent to help you through the buying and selling process. There are many things that a real estate agent can bring to the table, such as access to Park City MLS listings, though this knowledge and accessibility comes with a price. The following article offers a few of the pros and cons of hiring a real estate agent to help you make an informed decision.
Pros and Cons of Hiring a Real Estate Agent
Many people choose to put their home up for sale as “For Sale by Owner,” as they are unwilling to split their earnings with a third party. While it is true that hiring a real estate agent is an added expense, there are also many benefits to doing so. The following list outlines a few of the pros and cons of hiring a real estate agent to help you understand your options and to help you make an informed decision.
- Con: Real estate agents charge fees for their services. For obvious reasons, hiring a real estate agent is going to cost you more than attempting to sell your home by yourself. If you are a potential home buyer, you will be charged fees from the listing agent anyway, so it is difficult to avoid paying these fees either way.
- Pro: Real estate agents help you to market your home and sell it quickly. A real estate agent will offer advice about how to appropriately stage your home in order to sell it as quickly as possible. In addition, a real estate agent will be hired to market your home effectively in order to make it as visible and attractive to potential home buyers as possible. While you may have to pay fees to get a real estate agent, you will potentially save money as a real estate agent can help you get more money for your home and get you closer to your asking price.
- Pro: A real estate agent can help you negotiate for a home. A real estate agent will work hard to get you the money you desire out of your current home, and they will also be able to negotiate with home buyers to help you get a great deal on a new home. Real estate agents have a lot of knowledge about the current housing market, what potential buyers are looking for, and how to effectively negotiate the terms of a sale. Their knowledge is invaluable, and will make your home buying and selling process less stressful and more successful.
- Con: A real estate agent will take over the home selling process for you. While some people may actually see this aspect of hiring an agent a pro, many people find this loss of control a little troublesome. If you feel that you want the entire process in your control, do not hire a real estate agent.
- Pro: A real estate agent has access to additional resources. Every Utah real estate agent has access to Park City MLS Listings, which is an invaluable resource that allows you to view homes for sale online and to eliminate undesirable homes without ever having to view them in person. Only real estate agents have access to these resources, and so without a real estate agent you will be limited to the newspaper and Craigslist in order to find homes for sale.
The commercial real estate business can be highly lucrative with many financial rewards, but there are also quite a few risks involved with the venture. If you have previously been involved with residential real estate markets and are considering a new avenue to explore, commercial real estate may be for you. The following article outlines a few of the dos and don’ts of purchasing commercial real estate using professionals from Hi-Reit in order for you to make an informed decision regarding your current business needs.
The Dos and Don’ts of Buying Commercial Real Estate
Venturing into the commercial real estate business should only be performed by highly informed business owners. While commercial real estate can be extremely lucrative, there are drawbacks in addition to the benefits of the business. The following list outlines a few of the dos and don’ts of purchasing commercial real estate to help you make an informed decision as to whether or not you wish to pursue this business venture.
- Do look into property values: Just like with residential real estate, you should thoroughly research the comparable buildings in similar locations to the commercial real estate you are considering for purchase. You want to make sure that you enter into this venture purchasing a building that is reasonably priced.
- Don’t discount location: The desirability and attractiveness of a commercial rental property for small business owners centers around one major factor–location. Choosing a commercial real estate property in an area that has few commercial buildings surrounding it, limited parking and commuting access, or one that is simply in a bad neighborhood is a poor investment, regardless of how cheap the property is. If you cannot find small business owners to rent your facility, what is the point of owning a property that you bought for a steal? It is basically worthless to you and an unsound investment.
- Do look into comparable rental rates: You will most likely be renting out your commercial real estate building to small business owners, and so it is important to understand how much you can reasonably charge these renters. The best way to know an approximated rental value is by looking at comparable rental rates from nearby or similar buildings. If the rent you can charge allows you to make a profit based upon the purchase price of the building, you have found a good investment.
- Don’t discount maintenance of your building: As a landlord of a commercial building, you will be responsible for all of the maintenance and repairs of the building. You will need to pay someone to maintain the property, perform grounds-keeping, and plow the sidewalks and parking lot in the event of snow. All of these maintenance factors must be considered when calculating rental unit costs.
- Do choose a real estate company that specializes in commercial real estate: While there are basic similarities, commercial real estate and residential real estate are entirely different animals with different parameters and ways to make a profit. Employing a highly qualified real estate company such as Hi-Reit that specializes in and has extensive experience with commercial real estate deals will ensure that you make an informed and carefully-selected commercial real estate purchase.
A residential real estate transaction can be rather complex and intimidating. It can also be gratifying when completed with adequate professional guidance. Buying a house is similar to other large financial obligations you may take on. If you want to do it right, and be impressed by the outcome, you need a competent legal counselor. Retaining the services of an excellent board certified Hollywood, FL, real estate lawyer, can reduce a lot of anxiety.
1. Finding Your Way through Legal Lingo
Legal language is difficult to understand by laymen. Some of the expressions may sound alike, yet mean something completely different. When you hire an attorney, you will be in good hands. All the complex legal issues you do not comprehend will be explained in a language you can grasp. For instance, do you know what a Property Disclosure Statement is, or liquidated damages?
2. Familiarity with Real Estate Law
Real estate lawyers oversee the legal work involved in selling or buying property. They ensure that the rights and interests of their clients are fully preserved. These experts have studied the Florida real estate laws thoroughly. They know all the paperwork involved, and which snags to look out for. Do you know the seller’s or buyer’s responsibilities, or which documents a title agency has to provide? Although you could ask a general lawyer for assistance, it is better to hire someone specializing in this particular branch of the law.
3. Contract Inspection
An experienced Realtor is familiar with most of the paperwork involved in a sale. The agent can review the documents, and point out some disputable issues. However, this expert should not give clients legal advice, for the simple reason that he or she did not study the law, is not qualified, and has no officially authority to make suggestions. That should be left to a licensed attorney. If you want to be completely sure that the sales contract you were presented with is totally legal, then you need a real estate lawyer.
4. Saving You Money
It seems odd that lawyers and their support teams can save clients money when these professionals need to be paid for their services. Does that not cost a bundle? Despite this expense, many clients have experienced substantial savings, because their attorneys found discrepancies in the paperwork, or insisted on a home inspection before signing a contract. When issues with a house are discovered, buyers can ask sellers to either complete the necessary repairs or reduce the price.
5. Peace of Mind
The assurance that your property purchase will be completed properly in a timely manner, and all problems will be dealt with by a professional is a great incentive to employ a lawyer. No matter how much research you complete online, you will never be able to collect the knowledge a legal counselor gathered during the years spent in college. Although the Internet is a great resource for information, how do you know if the articles you are reading are current? Do they apply to your state? While many laws are similar in many U.S. regions, there are subtle differences. Your Hollywood, FL, real estate lawyer knows exactly what applies to your unique situation and property sale.
Buying your first rental real estate in Utah can be a challenging task, which requires a lot of prior research. You need to look at criteria such as location, cost, insurance, and the average amount of rent people pay in that area. While you can find a good property in almost every neighborhood, you also need to pay attention to the price and condition of the houses around the property you are buying. Here is the list of the things you should consider when shopping for rental real estate.
If you are not planning to hire a management company, but will run your property on your own, it is important that the location of your investment real estate is not too far from your home or workplace. You should consider the safety and the reputation of the neighborhood, and the types of residents that tend to live there. For instance, if the primary school is in the area, you future renters are likely to be a family with children. By the same principle, if a university if nearby, you will get a lot of student renters. If this is the case, you will need to adjust your lease terms accordingly, as many of the students will leave at the end of each semester.
Check what kind of amenities the area has, including shopping centers, parks, restaurants, movie theaters, and playgrounds for children. Find out how close the major transportation stations are to the property. All of these features will help you attract renters, ensuring that your property does not stay vacant for too long.
You might want to go to the public library and do your research on crime rates in the neighborhoods you are considering. The higher the crime rate, the harder it will be to attract renters. Look for statistics on robberies, vandalism, and other crimes, and check whether the amount of crimes in the area has increased or reduced recently.
Find out ahead of time how much insurance you will need on the property. If it is located in the area prone to natural disasters, such as floods, wildfires, or landslides, for example, then you will need to budget for these types of insurances accordingly.
Research how much the average rent is the area is. Add up your taxes, insurance, maintenance costs, and any other fees, and make sure the rent will cover all of these. Check if any improvements are planned in the neighborhood in the next couple of years. Improvements often mean higher property taxes, and you will need to budget for these as well.
Before buying the rental real estate in Utah, check with your city’s assessment office or have your agent give you the numbers for property taxes you should be expecting to pay. See how it compares to the average rent in the neighborhood, and make sure the taxes do not take up the majority of your profit from rent.
You’ve heard the horror stories. You may even know someone who moved out of state for a job, the military, or to care for an elderly relative. They figured renting the house they left behind to a friend of a friend was a safe bet, even offering a low rate for handling yard work and small repairs. Then bad times hit and the renters stopped paying. They may have even moved out, allowing squatters to take over and cause extensive property damage, and the owner had no choice but to contract costly reconstruction or sell the home at a loss. You are now facing a similar move. What can you do to protect yourself? Property management companies seem so expensive, but you can find out what they offer by requesting a free management quote.
A lot of companies are willing to do this, and you may find it worth your while. After all, a property management company is there in the place where the renters are. It will be ready and equipped to handle any issues in a timely manner. For starters, it can help you by assisting in the search for qualified renters. Property management companies know where and how to advertise vacancies and conduct thorough background checks, credit checks, and income verification. Once renters are in, these companies can ease the burden on you and them by performing all routine maintenance and yard work, as well as emergency maintenance when necessary. They can ensure the safety and soundness of your house by performing regular property inspections. They provide a professional, local face to keep your renters at ease. What’s more, they streamline the process of paying rent and receiving payment by offering a dropbox or online payment option for renters and direct deposit for landlords. Should the worst happen, and renters be unable to fulfill their obligations, the company you hire can handle all the legal rigmarole from its own jurisdiction. You may not get absolute peace of mind, but at least you don’t have to handle the hassle.
Now it’s time to consider your options. You will have to move, and you’d prefer the house you leave be a source of income. You need to weigh the risks against the benefits. You don’t want to be a cautionary tale, but you don’t want to spend extra money needlessly. Either way, you have nothing to lose by requesting a free management quote.
If you’ve ever been to Park City, then you know that it is a beautiful, small town nestled in the majestic Utah mountains. Many people visit Park City in the winter because of the world-class snow and ski resorts. But did you know that Park City is just as attractive during the fall and summer? Here are a few reasons to consider purchasing Park City, Utah real estate and having a place of your own to call home in one of the most beautiful places on Earth.
Of course, we have to mention the snow, world-class skiing, and snowboarding, as well as the sledding and the magic of the holidays when we talk about Park City in the winter. Continue reading
The senior years can be tough ones. As you get older you may experience frustration that you can’t handle all of the tasks and activities that you used to be able to do on your own. You may also experience loneliness when you lose your life partner and your children and grandchildren live far away. Don’t feel bad about searching for a way to add community and support to your life. Plymouth, MI, assisted living facilities can provide you with just that. There are many benefits you will enjoy when you make this important life decision. Here are some of the main points to look for when you choose a facility.